LaunchBox Community Forums

Viewing "unmatched titles" only? Also ability to see/export what is missing?

OGControllersOrBust

I'm new here, I just started importing things into LB and I have couple questions.  

First thing, god I love this platform... Thanks to everyone who has built this thing, seriously... Big Box Mode is going to do exactly what I need it to do, super jazzed. Takes all of the pain in the butt parts of this hobby and makes them incredibly easy.   

Back to the questions.  

1. Is there a way to only see titles that did not "Match" or that are missing certain peices of metadata? (cover art, etc etc etc)? This will help with organizing a complete library.  ( Actually, sorting by Launchbox Database ID does this kind of. Sweet )

2. On the launchbox website, there is a games database. Is there a way to compare our local libraries to the online database? To catch any missing titles? I know this is a difficult ask because of how obscure some platforms are (looking at you arcade guys!) but for consoles, it shouldn't be that difficult. Also, if we could freaking export that as csv... I would lose my mind.    

Hi there @OGControllersOrBust. The best thing you can do for non-matching titles is to arrange by the LaunchBox DB ID, which will sort the games out that are not connected to the database. Oh, ha, you said that already.

Currently, there's no way to look for titles that are in the games database but missing from your local collection. That would be incredibly messy anyways since the games database is not guaranteed to be complete, and it contains extra games like hacks and such as well.