LaunchBox Community Forums

Sharing or Streaming

reaper71129

I have a question.... I am currently redoing my launchbox setup... Using the knowing i have learned on the forums and playing around with everything... I know alot more now and think my current setup is bloated and not very organized... My new setup will be portable... all on a 4tb hdd.... so... i have a question... right now i use steam in home streaming to play on other computers in the house... if my setup becomes portable.. can i share the folder containing lauchbox on the computer with the drive? would it be better to play nativity off the network (gigabit and ac wireless) or stream from that computer?

• 1 month later...

wow, lauchbox is addicting.. lol... i'm finding that i am constantly trying to add or tweak things.. 

anyway... i have a setup i am happy with on my main computer... now i'm trying to decide what will be a better experience on some remote computers... a mini-install with just the emulators installed and the roms on a network drive or streaming via steam in home streaming or moonlight or something similar... 

any body have any better luck one way or the other?

I like to have LB and emulators on my computer and use a network drive for ROMs but I know others have only one setup and use stream through Steam In Home Streaming so both work. I would suggest testing streaming 1st and if you are satisfied with it stick with it if not try it the other way.