LaunchBox Community Forums

Brand New

Wingsta96

Howdy all, brand new to Launchbox.  I have a current Hyperspin system and decided to make the switch for update convenience, I have almost got everything running just had a couple of hurdles.  I bought BigBox.

1) Daphne wont launch for me even though it plays fine on it's own.  Keeps saying Daphne is having a framfile issue when I try to run it from Launchbox.
2) Is there a tutorial for setting up x-arcade control stick to control the menu for Bigbox?
3) I downloaded CleanBG but when I installed MAME the extra screens like Miday Classics etc have crappy looking backgrounds instead of the nice boxt art.  Is there a way to fix that?

Thanks for any advice.  Loving the software so far alot more usability to update and run things than Hyperspin.  Oh Metal Jesus Rocks you tube page is what let me know about your program :)

Hello and welcome i'll start you off with a couple of handy links:

Youtube channel with all sorts of stuff including tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSIht6UXIEXIgz4eXAEShxA

Here's thread about Daphne, there's a couple of ways to handle it so you can pick the one that suits your needs best.

As for setting up an X-Arcade stick with Launchbox goes there are no tutorial that I am aware of but since it's seen as a keyboard just go into the keyboard mappings in BigBox's options and you can remap to your liking in there. I did that on my X-Arcade Tankstick and it works just fine.

Unfortunately I cannot help you with anything theme related, I have a super simple no frills theme on mine so now fancy backgrounds or anything like that but I am quite sure someone will be along and give you the info you need. I am sure though it's just a matter of dropping the art you would rather have into the appropriate folder for it.

Here's another Daphne thread that you may wanna have a look at.

I did Daphne a bit different and here is the copy / paste of my method, there is a little bit of effort involved but it's not difficult.

Step 1) Make a batch file for each game, call the batch file whatever you like. I made these batch files right in the directory which contains the daphne.exe

Step 2) This step will be repeated for each game. Open your DaphneLoader.exe and for each game you have and want to import into Launchbox  click the Configure button and go to the Advanced tab. The bottom drop down menu "Display command line", set this to Enabled, click apply and ok. Now when you start that game it is going to popup with a bunch of text, select it all and copy. The game will launch but just exit back out.

Step 3) Open the batch file you created for the game in notepad you just copied the command line information from and paste it in and save.

Step 4) Drag the bat file into Launchbox and put into whatever platform you choose. I use the platform Daphne.

Step 5) Right click the game and click edit. Go to the emulation tab and uncheck "Use an emulator to play this game". After you click apply it will popup with a message saying you need to specify and emulator do you want to do this now, click no.

Now you can go back into each game and reverse Step 2 to disable "Display command line"

When you launch a game from Launchbox if you get an error message repeat Step 5 just to double check it.

This may not be an elegant solution to this emulator and Launchbox but it is the simplest that I know of and it does work.

• Thanks 1

Wow Lord I can't say thank you enough.  None of the tutorials or links you posted worked for me at all, I knew it was something to do with the bat file.  The steps you wrote above worked perfectly, you guys should sticky that way I think because you are getting the info from Dapne as to what the dat should say with paths etc.

Worked perfectly thank you so much :)