LaunchBox Community Forums

Scan for new games fails to find new "additional" apps

reflex33

Let's say I have a game in launchbox for some system, foobar, with one or more rom files associated with it.  Then let's say I download a new version of that game (foobar (1.2).rom).  If I "scan for added roms" launchbox will say that there is no new roms. The only workaround I have found for this so far is to delete the game entirely and then scan for added roms which always seems to produce separate roms that I then have to merge. This isn't a huge deal when there are only a few roms being updated, but as we know MAME updates can be large and this method isn't feasible.

Is there a way to make the "scan for added roms" add rom files that would be considered an additional app?

Okay for MAME once you add your ROMs even if you get the newest set with new playable games they won't be added to LB because LB is still using the data from 0.174 or 0.175 so if it didn't import or merge it on original import it isn't going to change anything. I don't think the program can scan for new ROMs and make them additional apps although that would be a nice feature for certain use cases. Also the scan for ROMs feature by default looks into for ROMs in the LB Games folder under the appropriate platform so if your games aren't imported into those folders it won't find anything at all if your games aren't in the default folder you have to go to Tools manage platforms edit the platform and then go to the folder tab and change the game path for the platform. Sorry if a few of these things aren't directly about your question and more about how additional apps work. If you already know these things then I apologize for the explanation.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes both of those I know. For Mame I'm willing to concede defeat on that for now, although when the LB database is updated I'm a little unsure of the process I should go about to make sure all of the games are found.  <---- topic for a different day

As for consoles, I have the folder set to point to the appropriate place, but it won't find new additional apps. So yes it seems that it is not possible currently to do that.