LaunchBox Community Forums

Game detects Autohotkey and stops.

Chadmando

Hello, I am using AutoHotkey and it is integral to my Launchbox setup. I just installed this steam game that I've been wanting to try out for a long time, but it seems to detect autohotkey and the game stops running. I've tried simply suspending and pausing my script, also I've tried running a dummy AHK script, the game doesn't like AHK.

I made a quick .bat file that opens with the game from Launchbox that closes all instances of AHK. The game works fine, but when I finish and close the game I am now stuck as I need something to launch AHK when this game closes. Does anyone have any solutions? Thanks!

Is that the checkmark that says "Automatically Run after app" ?
I was under the impression it was to run the game and an extra program at the same time, but the checkboxes were to choose which to open first?

EDIT: Yeah so I can choose the check mark to Automatically run After main application, which opens up AHK immediately after the game opens. I need it so that when the game closes it will open up ahk again.

EDIT #2:

I've spent numerous hour researching and trying out different things with little to no success. I noticed that the game would kick me out even if an internet browser was open with "autohotkey" in the title bar.

What I ended up doing was using a hex editer on the Autohotkey.exe and changing the window id from "autohotkey" to giberish. Now the game no longer detects Autohotkey and I don't have to change anything else. YAY!

Edited by Chadmando
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2018 at 6:05 AM, Chadmando said:

I was under the impression it was to run the game and an extra program at the same time, but the checkboxes were to choose which to open first?

EDIT: Yeah so I can choose the check mark to Automatically run After main application, which opens up AHK immediately after the game opens. I need it so that when the game closes it will open up ahk again.

EDIT #2:

I've spent numerous hour researching and trying out different things with little to no success. I noticed that the game would kick me out even if an internet browser was open with "autohotkey" in the title bar.

What I ended up doing was using a hex editer on the Autohotkey.exe and changing the window id from "autohotkey" to giberish. Now the game no longer detects Autohotkey and I don't have to change anything else. YAY!

12 hours ago, matis said:

Ty for reply. Appreciate that. 

You changed autohotkey.exe only? Did you rewrite the scripts?

Did you run scripts or compiled them first?

I never changed or compiled the scripts. Although I bet if you compiled a script instead of using a hex editor you may bypass it in the same way.

Edited by Chadmando

• 2 months later...
On 2/19/2018 at 5:05 AM, Chadmando said:

EDIT #2:

How did you edit the window id using hex editor? I tried figuring it out but couldn't seem to figure out how to do it.

12 hours ago, TwinkleTits said:

How did you edit the window id using hex editor? I tried figuring it out but couldn't seem to figure out how to do it.

If you download the Hex editor I linked to open up the autohotkey.exe file with it. Go to the top of the tool bar SEARCH >Find in the search field Search for: AutoHotkey V choose the text encoding: Unicode. You will see the window text in the "Decoded text" field seperated by dots. Change each letter of "AutoHotkey", make sure you don't add any extra characters, or delete any characters, just replace them with random letters.

• 3 months later...
On 5/15/2019 at 4:09 PM, Chadmando said:

If you download the Hex editor I linked to open up the autohotkey.exe file with it. Go to the top of the tool bar SEARCH >Find in the search field Search for: AutoHotkey V choose the text encoding: Unicode. You will see the window text in the "Decoded text" field seperated by dots. Change each letter of "AutoHotkey", make sure you don't add any extra characters, or delete any characters, just replace them with random letters.

I've done that but the program still detects autohotkey somehow

• 2 weeks later...