LaunchBox Community Forums

How can I mix the layout theme for big box?

Naxster

Hello guys! I bought a Launchbox subscription yesterday, finally!! :D

So for all I love how easy everything has been to setup, unlike Hyperspin.. :/

But I'm trying to mix some of the themes, for instance use a theme (CriticalZoneV2) for Playlist and platform and with that use another themes for wheels.

Here is an example of what I mean:

In the comments, he wrote that he several themes to make it like his, how can I mix it like that? :)

In BigBox there is a setting for use separate view per platform. Make sure it is active. Then in either your controller mappings or keyboard mappings make sure to set a key/button map for "switch theme". Download the themes you want and make sure to install them correctly. When you are on a specific platform hit the key/button to change theme and a pop-up box will open showing the themes you have installed. Choose the one you want and it is set. 

3 hours ago, Retro808 said:

In BigBox there is a setting for use separate view per platform. Make sure it is active. Then in either your controller mappings or keyboard mappings make sure to set a key/button map for "switch theme". Download the themes you want and make sure to install them correctly. When you are on a specific platform hit the key/button to change theme and a pop-up box will open showing the themes you have installed. Choose the one you want and it is set. 

Ahh i see, i think that i might have fixed it! :D

But how or where can i get the pictures of the emulators he has on the platform/playlist menu?

Mine always looks like this (look the at the picture)... Is there a way i can get the one he has? :) 

wheel.png

You can download different style clear logos from our downloads section. Just look for the "clear logos" label. Once you have the styles you want just replace them in the corresponding clear logos folder in the Images folder structure.

Platform Clear Logos for example here.

As @neil9000 said if you reference a specific time stamp we can be more exact. 

22 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

do you have a time stamp on the video for the images you want?

Stamp? What do you mean? :)

20 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

You can download different style clear logos from our downloads section. Just look for clear logos. Once you have the styles you want just replace them in the corresponding clear logos folder in the Images folder structure.

Platform Clear Logos for example here.

As @neil9000 said if you reference a specific time stamp we can be more exact. 

Ohhhhh hahaha thank you! :D

It worked now! I downloaded the "Silver Ring", looks beautiful! :D

13 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I meant the time in the video that had the logos you wanted, that way I could of ID'd them and given you a link. Glad you found them though.

Thank you very much! :D

I just have one last question (sorry for these nooby questions :(), but is there a way to download platform/Playlist theme videos from EmuMovies using Launchbox? I know that you can download theme videos from launchbox by clicking the Tools -> Download Platform/Playlist Theme Videos... But is there a way download Emumovies theme videos from Launchbox?

I do know that i might need a Emumovies subscription to be able to do that, that's why i want to know everythingi need to know before i subscribe to emumovies since i only will have 1 month. And also since my internet speed isn't that fast... :)

First check your email for your premium license with Launchbox at the very bottom there may be a code for Emumovies discount. I do not remember specifics on the discount. It may only be a discount for lifetime sub. 

To download just choose all the games in a platform and select tools/download metadata and media. You will see options in the wizard.

Capture2.JPG