LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Crash when accessing PUBLISHER OR MANUFACTURER FIELDS in EDIT GAME View

cleverest

Anyone else see this?  When I EDIT any game and click the drop-down arrow next to publisher or manufacturer (all others work fine!), instead of giving me a list, LB gets a spinning circle and then  locks up not responding, forcing me to END TASK the entire program.

Using 8.1 non-beta, with Windows 10, but recall it happening also at least in the last version.

Anyways, how can I can repair these databases so they load properly?  Thanks.

You could probably open the platform specific xml with Notepad++ and find and replace the value there with what ever it needs for a blank one. I'll looking into it and see what you would have to type to find it and what a blank on should look like to replace it since its a bunch of different possible names you would probably have to run it multiple times. To be honest it would probably be a pain in the ass you may just want to wait and not mess with those settings until you can see if the behavior stops in a later release.

• Like 1

Okay so an empty one will look like this <Publisher /> a full one will look like this <Publisher>Capcom</Publisher> the easiest thing that I know how to do would be to type <Publisher into the find box and then use find next and it will switch to each one you would then edit one with a value filled in from the example with Capcom to look like the empty example so depending on the platform and how many games it has with a value filled in could be a lot of manual work. Now if you knew which publishers where used you could find <Publisher>PubName</Publisher> and then replace it with <Publisher /> to clear it out. Then it would just be a case of rinse and repeat for all the Publishers and of course it would work with the same structure for the Manufacturers.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
21 minutes ago, cupidstunt said:

Did you get to the bottom of this ?

I am also having this issue, however it seems to be affecting all platforms, including ones that havent been modified for a long time.

Maybe a coincindence but I have only noticed this issue since upgrading to 9.2

No, sadly it still does it, but only in my giant 8Tb collection, not my smaller ones, and it has done is for many versions back, since 8.something at least, if not earlier. I just avoid clicking it now.