LaunchBox Community Forums

Equivalent to Hyperspin Genre function?

hollywoodmonstrose

A feature I used heavily in Hyperspin was the genre button. I had sub lists set up based on genre, best of, region, number of players, etc. All I had to do was press the genre button and scroll down to the right list. In LB/BB I have setup some playlists for the same function, but all this seems to do is add additional options in the console list which adds more clutter to an already crowded setup. Is there a way to nest this similar to the way Hyperspin's genre function works?

You could remove the playlist from you platform views by right clicking them and unchecking the box to include them. Then you could either switch what category you are using in the side bar between platforms and playlist or you could start using platform categories create a category name Playlist and nest all your playlist there. At the moment that is the best you can do. The poll had more nesting features on it and it got enough votes to be worked on but there is no timetable as to when this will be implemented. You can also change your side bar to list genres instead of platforms if you just want to use genres.