LaunchBox Community Forums

Migrate to New Drive

Drybonz

7 minutes ago, Drybonz said:

Hi guys... I need to get Launchbox and all the related media files, etc... off of my Windows drive and onto a storage drive.  Was there ever a simple, standardized way developed to do this?  Please let me know the best method.  Thanks.

Just copy the Launchbox folder to the other drive.

Ok... should I reinstall it to that location too so all the registry hooks, or whatever, are preserved... or moving it is all I need to do?

*edit*  Also... my rom files are moving as well... is there a simple way to update this so LB knows where they are?

Edited by Drybonz

You should be able to just move the whole folder. Are your roms and emulators in the launchbox folder? If they are you don't need to do anything, if not you will have to tell launchbox were they have moved to. Just highlight all games in a platform then go to tools/change roms folder path. for emu's just go to tools/manage emulators to point at the new location for the emu's.