LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox will not find some games

H311St0rm

Hello,

So I just found out about your app from a youtube video and I decided to give it a shot.

I got to the import games part and it works very poorly. I am hoping there is something I am doing wrong because it will not find Steam account URL and it will not find all the other games I have installed. A common example is League of Legends.

This is my steam profile URL:   http://steamcommunity.com/id/H311St0rm/

I searched again for windows games and now it finds Big Box as a game :))) this is after I changed it to run as administrator.

It strikes me as EXTREMELY strange that there are so many emulator options when standard windows games seem to still be a mystery for the app.

This is something I could use nonetheless and I am wiling to go through hoops but just in case there is something I need to do for it to run better . . . please let me know.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Edited by H311St0rm

Hi and welcome. 

You shouldn't run Launchbox as a administrator, it can effect launching programs as they then need elevation.

The steam importer is unfortunately currently not working, it is being looked into.

The windows game importer scans your windows start menu for games, if they aren't in there they wont be picked up by the importer. It is very easy to add manually though, just drag a .exe or a shortcut onto the Launchbow window, this will start the import wizard, select the "none of the above" option to import standard .exe's that don't require a emulator to run.

On 3/9/2018 at 3:05 PM, H311St0rm said:

Hello,

Well thank you very much for both the quick response and the explanations.

Thank you and have a nice day.

If you want to easily add a bunch of Windows games en masse, my method is to keep a folder of Windows shortcuts to all my games in a separate folder within launchbox. That way you can just grab a batch of shortcuts and drag them all onto the launchbox window as neil9000 mentioned. Works great!