LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't import from steam

One Salty Boi

Steam import is currently broken due to Valve breaking the API key again, Jason is working on a solution but unfortunately right now it's a decision between getting another API key for everyone like before  and risking it being broken again or making it so individuals will have to get their own. He should hopefully have a decision made soon and implemented in an upcoming beta release.

Just now, Lordmonkus said:

Steam import is currently broken due to Valve breaking the API key again, Jason is working on a solution but unfortunately right now it's a decision between getting another API key for everyone like before  and risking it being broken again or making it so individuals will have to get their own. He should hopefully have a decision made soon and implemented in an upcoming beta release.

Thanks heaps! I hope it's fixed soon and I really appreciate you taking the time to help!

• 9 months later...

If it can't be done, why not create a database for them at emumovies or even launchboxDB? They don't specifically need to be the original trailers, just good looking vids.

This was one of the main reasons I switched over from hyperspin to have this running seamlessly.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...