LaunchBox Community Forums

LB/BB not launching MAME ROMs

flatuswalrus

I am using MAMEUI64 0.195 along with a full 0.195 Split ROM-set. All games work perfectly when selected and played from MAME itself. Though, when I launch therm from LB or BB I get the same error message which is that files are missing as show in the attached image. I have read in other threads on the forum about compatibility issues between older versions of and conflicting sets of MAME/ROMs but mine are matching and compatible.  Also, please see attached a screenshot of my emulator settings for Arcade/MAME just in case I have something incorrect there.image.thumb.png.a51c87a993dd995706bd411c3fbf164c.pngimage.thumb.png.dfc513f473548c5591bebb0df5026c60.png

Thank you in advance.

12 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Try copying your mame.ini file that should be located in the ini folder into the root folder where the mameui.exe file is. This issue started around 0.186 and that was the fix. 

I never would have guessed in a million years that was the issue. I did a search through the forum here and Google first and did not come across that bit of information. It certainly did work and all games launch correctly now. Thank you very much, greatly appreciated.

7 minutes ago, Dane said:

I never would have guessed in a million years that was the issue. I did a search through the forum here and Google first and did not come across that bit of information. It certainly did work and all games launch correctly now. Thank you very much, greatly appreciated.

No worries. It is not something really documented well except for a few posts on our forum. The issue with MameUI is it is technically a front end for Mame and the creator(s) changed something in it. Then when you mix a front end (MameUI) with a front end (Launchbox) sometimes things do not mesh well. I converted to command line Mame thanks to this specific issue and to the forum members here. 

Just remember this step if you keep using MameUI and upgrade versions in the future. 

• Like 1