LaunchBox Community Forums

C64 MESS/MAME command-line question

flatuswalrus

I have been having a huge win tonight with setting up systems on my LaunchBox. Though I am currently stuck on the C64. I am emulating it via MESS on MAME (if that is how you would say it). My C64 ROMs are a mix of NTSC, PAL and Japan. So I am wanting to include the names: c64, c64p and c64_jp in the Default Command-Line Parameters. "c64 -cart" works for NTSC games for example, but is there a way to direct it to all three BIOS files in the MAME ROM set?

13 hours ago, DOS76 said:

you would have to on a game by game basis add the command for the one you  actually wanted in the games edit window.

That is a shame. In that case I might go to the 'trouble' of separating the system in LaunchBox into regions as I have done so with many other systems for different reasons. Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: I had a no-intro ROM-set with about 230 ROMs I was using in LaunchBox. However I did have a C64 ROM-set with about 6k messily named ROMs so I used Dons Hyperspin Tools as well as the XML over there to tidy up the large ROM-set and separate that into USA & Europe regions/categories in LaunchBox so all good.

Edited by Dane