LaunchBox Community Forums

Neo Geo Art

tvguy

Hello all, I've added all of my systems, 3000 games so far, nes, snes, n64, gamecube, wii, etc etc and haven't had any problems with game art downloading. I just added all of my Neo Geo games, ran through the import process, added 170 games successfully, but no cover art was found / downloaded. All of the games work just fine using retroarch, but there is no game art whatsoever. This is the first time this happened to me so I don't know what could be causing the problem. Even when I edit individual games and try to download the art, it does not find it. I've watched several YouTube videos of guys importing Neo Geo games and the game file names are the same as mine, yet the cover art imported fine for them. Any ideas what could be causing this problem? Like I said, I've had no problem with any of my other emulators / games. Thanks for any help you can provide. :)

Welcome to the community! Lets see if we can figure out what the issue first let me ask you a few quick questions. First off what types of ROMs are they from a MAME arcade set? If they are using the MAME naming convention and you imported them with RA as the emulator did you check the box near the end of the import to use MAME importing. If you didn't do that then it won't use the MAME data and recognize them as the right games and no media will be pulled down. Do they have proper naming or are they named after the ROM files themselves.

Hi, I tried again. Chose Add Files (rather than folder). Chose platform NeoGeo and Scrape as Arcade. Selected Mame option at end of import. This time I got about 40 of 170 covers appear. If I try to edit any of the games with missing covers, such as Baseball Stars 2, there are about 7 images to choose from, but none of them are the cartridge box art. Really weird. The naming convention of the files is Mame formate, but the names translate perfectly fine during the import process. Also in Launchbox, they appear as the proper names. Thanks for your help (so far :)