LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox, BigBox, Launchbox.Next crashes with latest version

anickname

1 hour ago, anickname said:

I think that the problem that arise when running from network shares should be documented.

Others should know how to fix it.

That's the beauty of the forums; it will forever be documented here. I'll also note it so that I should be able to recognize it for next time. That said, in all honesty we don't recommend running the EXE from a NAS or network storage at all anyways due to potential performance issues. We find that ROMs do perfectly fine over network storage, but media and the application itself are much better stored locally.

Yes, you're right, there is a speed difference between a local hard drive and NAS, but on NAS I have storage space, redundancy (RAID), filesystem snapshots.

For me the speed is not so important as those NAS advantages; once the game is loaded the drive is rarely accessed.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, anickname said:

Yes, you're right, there is a speed difference between a local hard drive and NAS, but on NAS I have storage space, redundancy (RAID), filesystem snapshots.

For me the speed is not so important as those NAS advantages; once the game is loaded the drive is rarely accessed.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Yeah, I use Dropbox for the redundancy, backups, snapshots, etc., but it's generally not the cheapest solution.

2 hours ago, ForsakenZaroc said:

I do not, I read the links on how to get the button to appear. A lot of it went over my head but I think I could get through it.

We're still not certain if you have the same issue, but it probably wouldn't hurt. Then again if the button isn't showing up I'm guessing that's not the issue, but that's just a guess.

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

We're still not certain if you have the same issue, but it probably wouldn't hurt. Then again if the button isn't showing up I'm guessing that's not the issue, but that's just a guess.

Come to think of it, if regular LaunchBox is working but not LaunchBox.Next or Big Box, then it must be something specific to LaunchBox.Next and Big Box. It could be related to game controllers, DirectX, even a driver issue with .NET WPF. Check to make sure your drivers are all up to date, including video drivers. We've heard about weird conflicts with some poorly-written keyboard software from Corsair as well, and nVidia's recording software.

21 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Come to think of it, if regular LaunchBox is working but not LaunchBox.Next or Big Box, then it must be something specific to LaunchBox.Next and Big Box. It could be related to game controllers, DirectX, even a driver issue with .NET WPF. Check to make sure your drivers are all up to date, including video drivers. We've heard about weird conflicts with some poorly-written keyboard software from Corsair as well, and nVidia's recording software.

The problem was bluetooth passthrough for dolphin. Im hopping I can get them both to play well together.