LaunchBox Community Forums

MOD My PS3?

Dreamwarrior77

I heard a while back about people modding their ps3's by installing new modified operating systems onto them giving them all kinds of new abilities.. My PS3 is just collecting dust and I would like to re-purpose it so I can play mame, nes, snes, sega genesis, ps2 games on it. So first I am am wondering how to backup my current data and restore it when need be.. then of course to install a modified OS giving it more abilities than usual. So for that part I am wondering what is available software wise for this and where do I find/download these from? After I overwrite the default PS3 Operating System can I restore it to default again? If so how do I do this as well? Thanks, this sounds a bit difficult so I could really use some guidance with this. I will probably want to install retro arch to do most of the emulation..