LaunchBox Community Forums

changing region for demul

twobucks

I am looking for instructions on how to set the region on a per game basis in demul for naomi and naomi 2 arcade roms.  I have demul setup and running great in launchbox/bigbox but i want to configure each rom to use a specific region bios. I want most games to run the USA bios but some games need to have the japan bios to work properly. Does anybody know of a way to set the bios using a config file in demul? 

Thanks for the reply dos76. Yeah I agree having to setup demul several times just to use a different bios file is a pita. The only reason I thought it was possible was due to this post on a rocketlauncher forum. The last post on the page is talking about an ini file but not sure which one.

http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-899.html

I mean with RL maybe it is possible but I don't use RL at all so I don't know. The file in question is the Demul.ini file and in the top part a few lines down it says NaomiBiosAuto = true if you go into the emulator and turn off auto select it will change that to false and write a bios number a few lines down in the ini file. How they would go about using that to inject different values per game I have no clue.

Okay so I read that post and tried copying that into my ini file but as soon as I load the rom they specified with that settings it just loads it with the Japanese bios and not the one I specified so doesn't seem to work at all for me

yeah i got the same results when i tried copying the config into the demul.ini file. oh well, guess the multiple install method is the only way for now. This whole problem would go away if demul would let you pick a preferred region in the ini file.  

• 4 months later...