LaunchBox Community Forums

Platform videos?

jeff86

I was woundering If I were to individually get or create a platform's videos what folder do I put them in vs what folder do the individual game's videos go in? 

Also if I were to use the Hyperspin videos for a platform's video how do I get it to show full screen since Hyperspin's platform videos are ment to be show fullscreen? (like for example the genesis/megadrive one which has a still image of Knuckles and the console it's self with a box within it that contains gameplay footage.)

Edited by jeff86

Platform videos will go in \Launchbox\Vidoes\Platforms folder and should be named exactly as your platform is in Launchbox. 

Individual games videos will go in \Launchbox\Vidoes\[Platform Name] folder and should be named exactly as your games are in Launchbox.

Fullscreen video I assume you are talking in BigBox. That would depend on the theme and/or the view in the theme. Not all theme are set up for fullscreen videos and not all views are as well. 

I think I figured it out, I just put the game videos in the \Launchbox\Vidoes\Platforms\[Platoform name]\theme and put the platform's intro video in the \Launchbox\videos\[platform name] and then I went to options and turned on "show platform background videos" under "view" as well as set "backround fade" to 0, and turned of " show platform clear logo" since the platform videos already have a logo in them, and that did the trick for me. 

Edited by jeff86

is there a way to set them videos to background for a specific platform, or game? I found themed videos for mame as well as SNES, but not other consoles, thus I don't want every preview video to show up in the background if it is a standard video vs a themed preview video.

...in other words If I have all mame background videos I just want those to show up as a backgrounds without the clear logo or and game info, but as far as something like say "Sega Genesis" to have it's preview video show up in the small box for the video with the clear logo, unless I have a specific game background video for like say "sonic The Hedgehog" for example, and have it's video show up in the background with out any of the other information pop up. 

Edited by jeff86