LaunchBox Community Forums

What Tools are you using to sort / audit your roms?

Z3R0B4NG

I've been using GoodTools for a few weeks now,
i'm starting to think that the project is dead and outdated, last update on the official blog was 2 years ago and i've found a few errors with the rom naming that are bad enough to throw launchbox off from detecting the proper database entry.  

But there are a few things i really like about it, like sorting the roms into different folders depending on region, if its a hacked rom or a bad dump and things like that.  
So when i import roms into LaunchBox i only import the folders with the perfect dumps in my languages while i can still "collect" the other more weird stuff on HDD.  
It also detects bad dumps and dupes which seems important.  

There have to be similar up-to-date tools for No-Intro or HyperSpin naming schemes that can do the same?  

The ultimate goal is of course as well that LaunchBox detects the proper DB entries and that EmuMovies finds the proper media when scraping.  

So if somebody could teach me a better way of sorting through this stuff, that'd be nice.

Romcenter at Romcenter.com (no they don't have roms so I am not violating the rules).

It is the easiest most straight forward program that will let me fix individual roms and never corrupted them.  I have to use the RC2 version to work with MAME 0.192 and up.