LaunchBox Community Forums

Any way to choose a particular rom when launching a game

DerHof2007

Working on my C64 system. I have various versions for many games. Some that boot instantly into the game and others that have the crack intros with options like documentation or cheats.

I'll mostly want to just boot directly into a game  but occasionally I may want to use a cheat or whatever.

Is there a way that after you click on a game that you can select a specific rom to use before launching?
Or will I simply have to make multiple entries for those particular games?

So if you have 2 roms for the same game one with the intro and one without you can set one as the main game and another as an additional app and then if you want to launch the main game just click it from LB as usual and if you want to launch the additional app game you right click the game in LB and choose the other version from the menu.

23 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

So if you have 2 roms for the same game one with the intro and one without you can set one as the main game and another as an additional app and then if you want to launch the main game just click it from LB as usual and if you want to launch the additional app game you right click the game in LB and choose the other version from the menu.

Thank you. I should have been more specific.
While this worked great in LB... I should have mentioned that is for my cabinet... running Big Box.
I don't see any way to select a second app there. I was hoping something would be in the selection screen after choosing the game but nothing.

14 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

If you are using the Games details view any additional apps should be listed there in BB if you aren't using it you can set it to a button and get it to come up and then choose your additional app from there.

Thank you much.... I had this feature disabled in BB>options>Game Menu

All good now!