LaunchBox Community Forums

Sega Saturn emulation in LB

vahacris

Hi guys.

First of all thanks for the great tutorial for Sega Saturn emulation. I used LB for 4 years right now but i don't had time to deal with saturn before (i was busy with amiga, snes, megadrive and many more ;]). I got one question before i add my collection of Saturn games to LB. This was problematic when I deal with other platforms so I want to ask before I start adding roms.

WHAT'S WITH 2 OR MORE DISC GAMES? Sshould I only add disc 1 cue to LB and retroarch will automaticly find other discs? do I have to put them in the same folder as the disc 1? most collections got separate folder for each disc, should i join them?

Thanks in advance for answer.

Edited by vahacris

The way I handle its is I put each game in their own folder. Multi disk games go in a single folder and then make a playlist file (.m3u).41707744_2018-05-2817_15_50-PanzerDragoonSaga.png.a85e8c8e279ef5462a6c84f5177bc2eb.pngThe playlist is just a simple text file with the file extension changed to .m3u and in that playlist file is the name of each disk on individual lines.

Panzer Dragoon Saga (Disc 1 of 4) (USA) (DW0575).cue
Panzer Dragoon Saga (Disc 2 of 4) (USA) (DW0575).cue
Panzer Dragoon Saga (Disc 3 of 4) (USA) (DW0575).cue
Panzer Dragoon Saga (Disc 4 of 4) (USA) (DW0575).cue

Then in RA when it asks to change disks you can use the Quick Menu to manage disks.

You could also try merging them into a CHD file but I have never tried this myself so I cannot say how well it would work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks a lot Lordmonkus for quick answer.

But should I add disc one .cue file to LB or the .m3u file? Sorry for bothering but I want to make it clear before adding games to LB because i find testing and changing after adding very frustrating. 

peace.

If you are like me and have a folder for Saturn games and then in that folder sub folders for each game you can use the search function of the Windows file manager to search for 

*.cue

and it will list all the .cue files which you can then just drag into LB to import them (filter out the ones you will be doing with the m3u after). Once that is done you can go back and do the same thing wit *.m3u.

• Thanks 1