LaunchBox Community Forums

BB black screen?

Skel3tor

BB was working fine two days ago and then today I log in and its a black screen. I can tab back into the option screen and I get a display but when I go back to the games wheel I get sound and no picture? Was there an update?

Edited by tcrusenberry

20 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Can you tell us what fixed the issue in case someone comes looking with the same issue ?

I thought I had it fixed. When I launch BB it is a black screen but I can hear the sounds. I can back out into the previous menu and then I see a display options,view ect) I changed show platforms and it showed me the platform wheel with all my games. Once I restarted BB black screen again...... I will tinker with this and see if I can find the problem

18 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Check which view is your default one for starting BB. Try switching to have Platforms as the default and see if the issue persists.

I changed the default and then changed it back. That was the fix. Not sure why the default was giving me a black screen but the fix was to change it then change it back, restart BB.