LaunchBox Community Forums

psx games choppy

ironkong

Whats up all

I got a lenovo all in one pc for free the other day. wanting to use it for my rom station

specs are

celeron e3300 2.5ghz

3ghz ram expandable to 4

windows ten

dont think a video card can be added.

so far up to 16 bit games run fine... n64 ocarina of time runs fine from what i played so far.. sf3 3rd strike runs smooth on mame 

however... i cannot seem to get epsxe running. i tried playing mega man 8 and other psx games and they are super choppy. is it my system too slow or what?

5 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

That system should be enough for ePSXe, I have ran it on lesser specs than that without issues.

Try a different video plugin and see if that makes a difference.

how do you change the video plug in? this is my first time trying the psx emulator

I'm not sure what to tell you to change since out of the box  the stock ePSXe GPU core 2.0.0 and settings are very good and performance friendly. I use it on my 10 year old shitty AMD HTPC running at 2.2 GHz and I have used on a low grade laptop with a 1.5 GHz AMD APU.

I am guessing you are using version 2.0.5 ePSXe right ?

6 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

I'm not sure what to tell you to change since out of the box  the stock ePSXe GPU core 2.0.0 and settings are very good and performance friendly. I use it on my 10 year old shitty AMD HTPC running at 2.2 GHz and I have used on a low grade laptop with a 1.5 GHz AMD APU.

I am guessing you are using version 2.0.5 ePSXe right ?

yea i am using 2.0.5. but nothing seems to work.  the games are super choppy

I guess it could just be the fact you have only 3 gigs of ram and Windows 10, that is not much ram for that version of Windows.

The 10 year old HTPC I use only has 2 gigs of ram but it's running a very lean Windows 7 where I turned off and disabled as much crap as I could.

• Like 1