LaunchBox Community Forums

Run As Super Famicom

2 minutes ago, Michael Espinoza said:

Im runing Sfamicom games on Super Nintendo Platform But If I Change the Platform To Super Famicom Wich i want but games do not run as that platform any tips on how to run as SFamicom????

Do you have a emulator set, and is it retroarch? If so you will need to add Super Famicom as a platform via tools/manage emulators/your emulator/associated platforms.

10 minutes ago, Michael Espinoza said:

Yeah im running them on retroarch 

So you probably need to add Super Famicom as a associated platform as i said. Tools/Manage Emulators, double click retroarch, pick the associated platform tab and scroll to the bottom, add Super Famicom as a platform (named exactly the same as it is in launchbox) and pick your core from the dropdown.

Just now, Michael Espinoza said:

Cool Man I Got It Runing Thanks Hell Yeahhh neil9000

No probs glad i could help. Always remember that the emulators in Launchbox need to no what Systems/Platforms you want to emulate with it, it doesnt know by itself, so if its not there simply add it. :) 

6 minutes ago, Michael Espinoza said:

Cool got it another question where can i find the cartridge art for SFamicom????

If the game was released in multiple regions then typically the GamesDB has the cartridge art for both the SNES and Super Famicom, you might just have to select which one you want to use manually. If the game was a Super Famicom only release then that should be the default one that comes up when you download the media.

1 minute ago, voicesinthedark said:

If the game was released in multiple regions then typically the GamesDB has the cartridge art for both the SNES and Super Famicom, you might just have to select which one you want to use manually. If the game was a Super Famicom only release then that should be the default one that comes up when you download the media.

Correct, but to add. It will also depend on your region priorities you have set in the launchbox options, you obviously want (JAP) as the top option in there. Also you should still scrape that platform as "Super Nintendo Entertainment System".