LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box not correctly filling non primary monitor

Abwezi

Okay so the issue that I'm having is that I wish to make the screen I'm going to launch my game on to the primary monitor for windows and I wish to keep Big Box up on a secondary monitor while my game runs on my primary monitor. The problem is that any time I use the monitor selection option from inside the settings in Big Box when the application moves to the other screen it will not occupy the full screen. The only screen Big Box ever takes up fully and looks correct on is whichever screen is set to my primary monitor in windows.

So far I've tried just about all the different Windows DPI scaling settings to see if that would help but I've had no results. Any idea what might fix this?

23 minutes ago, Abwezi said:

Okay so the issue that I'm having is that I wish to make the screen I'm going to launch my game on to the primary monitor for windows and I wish to keep Big Box up on a secondary monitor while my game runs on my primary monitor. The problem is that any time I use the monitor selection option from inside the settings in Big Box when the application moves to the other screen it will not occupy the full screen. The only screen Big Box ever takes up fully and looks correct on is whichever screen is set to my primary monitor in windows.

So far I've tried just about all the different Windows DPI scaling settings to see if that would help but I've had no results. Any idea what might fix this?

If i am understanding you correctly then this is a emulator issue not a Launchbox/Bigbox one. Its down to the individual emulator settings what screen and resolution they launch on. So i would look in the emulator settings and see what you can find there.

No, sorry maybe I worded that poorly. My emulators all launch fine and fullscreen just fine. The problem is that Big Box has an option to select which screen it is on, when I try to set Big Box to one of my other monitors (so any monitor that is not checked in windows as my  "main display") Big Box will move to the monitor but only fill a portion of the screen. If needed I can post a picture of this when I am home

9 minutes ago, Abwezi said:

Yes, I have 3 monitors all at different resolutions

Yeah i thought so, i believe that is actually a Windows issue. It will match resolutions to different monitors even if the monitor in question doesn't actually support said resolution or is a completely different resolution. So although it works for Windows itself it seems to confuse applications as they are told the resolution to show by Windows hence them not filling the screen correctly.

Maybe @Jason Carr would have a bit more knowledge with the workings of multiple different resolutions in windows than me, but i think that is the issue as i understand it.

Unfortunately I haven't seen this happen, but I don't have everyone's various different types of hardware to test with. My guess is that it's either related to using different DPI settings on the two different monitors or it's some sort of a driver bug, but I'm not certain. Do you have different DPIs between the two monitors @Abwezi?

• 5 years later...