LaunchBox Community Forums

(Retroarch) Flickering graphic on snes games.

modables

Off hand if I had to guess at this one I would say it is a v-sync issue, it forces the game to run at 60hz which could make shadows look like that if the game itself ran less than 60 fps. A prime example of this happening is in Samurai Shodown in Mame with V-Sync enabled, the shadows beneath the characters do the exact same thing because NeoGeo games ran at something like 55 or 56 hz.

You should check over on the Retroarch forums though since those are the people that make the emulator.

I turned off V-sync in Retroarch and I still got flickering (still no screen tearing), so it's probably my monitor refresh rate. I saw a video about Samurai Showdown 2 on MAME saying that G-sync can alleviate those problems.

• 4 years later...
On 7/9/2018 at 6:47 AM, modables said:

I turned off V-sync in Retroarch and I still got flickering (still no screen tearing), so it's probably my monitor refresh rate. I saw a video about Samurai Showdown 2 on MAME saying that G-sync can alleviate those problems.

Sonic exe

If improving the screen can fix it then you should try.