LaunchBox Community Forums

Assigning keyboard keys to Hori FC Pro controller

flatuswalrus

I have mentioned the Hori Fighting Commander Pro lately in another thread here on the forum. Though, instead of hijacking another thread, because this is pertaining to something specific and so if anyone else in the future might search for the same thing I thought I would create a new thread. Anyway, I now have a Hori Fighting Commander Pro and it is amazing! Retroarch whilst requiring manual mapping recognizes it just fine and of course it is a breeze to map in MAME. Though for all other standalone emulators I cannot close the emulator with the Hori Fighting Commander Pro. I have Controller Companion and DS4 on my computer but neither shows the Hori Fighting Commander Pro, at least not automatically. With my PS4 controller I had the home button mapped as "4" on the keyboard through Controller Companion as that is what button closes all my emulators because that was the right flipper button (exit button) on my X-Arcade Tankstick which is what I used at the very beginning of using LaunchBox/BigBox. So does anyone know how to create a profile for the Hori Fighting Commander Pro with DS4 or know how to map buttons any other way for/on it?

Does your Hori have a switch for PS4 mode? If so, have you tried using the alternate setting to see if DS4 will see the Hori? Although I don't have a Hori, I recall on another forum someone said they used Joy2Key to allow remapping of the device. Tried that?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dragon57 said:

Does your Hori have a switch for PS4 mode? If so, have you tried using the alternate setting to see if DS4 will see the Hori? Although I don't have a Hori, I recall on another forum someone said they used Joy2Key to allow remapping of the device. Tried that?

My Hori does have a switch enabling PS4 mode and I already had it on that. I had never heard of joy2Key but after downloading it and giving it a try I left everything as is but mapped "button 13" which is the Hori FC's home button to "4" and bingo, I can now close ALL of my emulators. Thank you very much for the recommendation.

• Like 1