LaunchBox Community Forums

Escape key closes emulator entirely

Skyroller

Hello all,

I am trying to change discs for a playstation game using the PCSXR emulator. This requires that I exit to the menu using the escape key, select the new disc, and then close the menu. This process works flawlessly when I open the emulator directly.

When I open the emulator through LaunchBox or BigBox, the escape key completely closes all emulator processes. I can't figure out why this is, or how to stop LaunchBox from getting involved with the emulator process once it has started. I would just change the key the emulator uses to go to the menu, but it doesn't look like I can do that. 

Any ideas?

2 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

go to tools go to manage emulators edit PCSXR go to the auto hot key tab and remove the text in there but now you won't be able to close the emulator with controller automation

The tab already appears to be empty.

Things I've tried:

As many emulator command line options added / removed that I can find documentation for. Not too many here, but the options I have "-nogui" "-cdfile" do not appear to be the problem as the issue persists when removed.

I've also toggled the "Attempt to hide console window on startup/shutdown" to no avail.

Well...

I ran PCSXR directly from the command line, and Escape closes the emulator instead of just the menu. That means it's not a LaunchBox problem, but also that I can't switch discs if I use the emulator from the command line. Maybe there is some sort of switch not well documented somewhere, but I don't know why running the emulator from the command line should be different from just clicking the icon.

Thanks for helping me troubleshoot