LaunchBox Community Forums

game videos question

jeff86

I figured out how to get background videos to show up on platforms, but when it comes to the games selection screen I want to have just the video only show up as a background (no cover art, info, etc), then when I select a game I want to have the video not show up as a background because when I chose "show game background videos" in the options as soon as I get into an individual game's screen the video shows up as a background, but rather show all the game's detail's and have the video in the smaller box, how do I do this? I can show some pictures for you guys if it will help you to know what I am talking about the first picture is how I want the individual game details to look, now notice in the second picture is the game section screen and the video is showing up in the background (which is what I want), but it is covered up by the game details like the cover art, and game photo as well as has the details of to the side of it (not what I want) how do I get it to just show only the video as a background on the game select screen, and the once I get into the game it's self get it to show up like it is in the first picture?

LaunchBox Big Box 7_30_2018 9_06_49 AM.png

LaunchBox Big Box 7_30_2018 9_06_20 AM.png

Edited by jeff86

this is what happens when I select "use game background videos" in the options and get to an individual game's details page (nottice it shows the video as a background on the individual game's screen? this is not what I want, I want it to be like the first picture where it is in the smaller box below the cover art):

LaunchBox Big Box 7_30_2018 9_59_40 AM.png

Edited by jeff86

34 minutes ago, jeff86 said:

this is what happens when I select "use game background videos" in the options and get to an individual game's details page (nottice it shows the video as a background on the individual game's screen? this is not what I want, I want it to be like the first picture where it is in the smaller box below the cover art):

LaunchBox Big Box 7_30_2018 9_59_40 AM.png

Then you need to turn off background video, that option does exacly what it says plays the video as a background.

I dont think what you are trying to do is possible without you editing the theme code, it is a general toggle background videos everywhere or not at all.

I was just watching a video from Simply Austin where he was talking about a gaming pc build to play basically pay anything that is currently out, and he had a capture that showed what I was talking about, at the 4:28 - 4:55 mark it shows what I am referring to for what I want to do: 

Edited by jeff86

Does the theme have to do with how big or small the size of the video box is? I have a few Hyperspin style videos for the Arcade stuf and want the to show up as big as I can since those have a picture, and video box within them thus the actual video in and of it's self is smaller due to the whole image of the Hyperspin style of video which is why I want it to show up as a background on the game select screen, but once I'm in the game it's self's page have the video in a smaller box, like is shown in Simply Austin's video

The theme will determine the size of the video (and if it will even show videos) and the placement of the video based on how the developer coded it. Each theme will also have different view styles. You need to make sure you have a key mapped to change theme views (switch view) if you have not already done so. The theme Neil shared will do what you want. You just need to switch the view style in the theme.