LaunchBox Community Forums

Possible EmuMovies (Premium) Bug with v8.4

The Papaw

Ok, signed up for premium account with EmuMovies and decided to delete all media in LB and start fresh. I also downloaded the sync app from EM. Here is what is going on:

I have a blank canvas as far as images, music, videos, etc. using LB Next. in LB. I pick a platform, select all the games in the platform, select "download meta data and media" from the tools menu, select all video types, choose the replace all option. Every thing appears to work fine.

I have one platform that has 34 games in it, LB will find 16 videos of various qualities.

Okay, when finished, I can run their sync app on the same folder and it will find 28 videos.

What is even stranger, only about 12 of them are the same videos, in other words, LB is finding videos that the sync app isn't and the sync app is find videos that LB is not finding????

Just now, Wanderer189 said:

Ok, signed up for premium account with EmuMovies and decided to delete all media in LB and start fresh. I also downloaded the sync app from EM. Here is what is going on:

I have a blank canvas as far as images, music, videos, etc. using LB Next. in LB. I pick a platform, select all the games in the platform, select "download meta data and media" from the tools menu, select all video types, choose the replace all option. Every thing appears to work fine.

I have one platform that has 34 games in it, LB will find 16 videos of various qualities.

Okay, when finished, I can run their sync app on the same folder and it will find 28 videos.

What is even stranger, only about 12 of them are the same videos, in other words, LB is finding videos that the sync app isn't and the sync app is find videos that LB is not finding????

I believe the LB scraper and the sync app work differently, if i recall the sync app you point at your rom folder and it matches your rom names to videos, while in LB the scraper is matching to the name of the game in launchbox not the rom file name. Either way should find the videos though, unless your games are named strangely in launchbox or do not have a database ID.

That makes sense about how they each srape, my naming is pretty standard and LB finds almost all of them without any issues. I wouldn't be a big deal if it was only a game or 2 was missed, but the difference here was almost 1/3 of them, with pushing 25,000 games, that turns into a big ole number missed. I will try a couple more platforms to see if they do the same

3 minutes ago, Wanderer189 said:

That makes sense about how they each srape, my naming is pretty standard and LB finds almost all of them without any issues. I wouldn't be a big deal if it was only a game or 2 was missed, but the difference here was almost 1/3 of them, with pushing 25,000 games, that turns into a big ole number missed. I will try a couple more platforms to see if they do the same

Yeah im not really sure what to tell you there, i always scrape my videos through Launchbox rather than the sync app, and i have videos for pretty much everything, unless of course its simply not available.