LaunchBox Community Forums

Yabause CCD files issue

2die4

Hi all,

In the process of setting up my build but having issues with the Sega Saturn emulation.

All my roms were in 7z and I've not unzipped them all into their retrospective folders which has resulted in the following

screenshot.jpg

Inside each of the rom folders is a folder called media and insider there 3 files like so (Except on multi disk games where the folders arecalled Media Disc 1, Media Disc 2, etc):

screenshot2.jpg

When I load up Yabause on it's own I can load the ccd file and it works fine.

How do I go about importing these into Launchbox and ensuring that the games are actually called the title of the game not just CD-ROM.  What do I need to configure?

Thanks!

P.S. not too sure about the first game on there called 6 Inch My Darling.... 

Edited by 2die4

My first thought would be to just import the files that you need in order to get yabause to launch properly (ie. the ccd files only). Then on the import step/screen where it asks "would you like to specify any custom options?" there's a checkbox to use the folder names for the game names, instead of the selected file.  It's labelled "used folder names instead of ROM files names for game titles".  If you check that box, on the next screen where it shows you the game names, it should have the names of the folder listed instead of the ccd file names.  The only downside of this way, and using the files you have, is you will need to import one at a time, or go through each folder in the file select import and select just the ccd files from each folder.  I'm not 100% sure if you did a folder import if you could use that option, and also just tell it to import just the ccd files, which is what you need to import into LB to get the game to launch correctly it seems.

Hope this helps,
CDBlue

• Like 1

Thanks for this.  I've gone through the folders and copied the contents of the media folder into the respective root folders of the games so it looks like this now:

D:\LaunchBox\Games\Sega Saturn\After Burner II (JP)

CD-ROM [GS-9109] [V1.001] [!-] [Mixed mode CD].ccd
CD-ROM [GS-9109] [V1.001] [!-] [Mixed mode CD].iso
CD-ROM [GS-9109] [V1.001] [!-] [Mixed mode CD].sub

Rather than D:\LaunchBox\Games\Sega Saturn\After Burner II (JP)\Media

(basically removing them from the Media subfolder)

When I import the folder over to Launchbox with the "use folder names instead of ROM files names for game titles" they import fine and all the meta data and boxart etc is scrapped for the games.  Trying to launch the game Yabause opens up but the rom doesn't work.  Yabause just stays on the white screen waiting for my instruction.  Do I need to add something to the Default Command-Line Parameter?  As mentioned standalone Yabause launches the games fine but when done via Launchbox the roms don't load.

Thanks for that.  Tried adding the -i as part of Default Command-Line Parameters but the roms are still not launching.  Yabause loads but the screen is black rather than white now.  Have even took the following files

CD-ROM [GS-9109] [V1.001] [!-] [Mixed mode CD].ccd
CD-ROM [GS-9109] [V1.001] [!-] [Mixed mode CD].iso
CD-ROM [GS-9109] [V1.001] [!-] [Mixed mode CD].sub

Out of the Afterburner directory and put them in the Sega Saturn games root directory with the appropriate name for the files and tried loading it that way but still the same result - black screen....

15 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

you didnt have Launchbox move the files at import did you?

I re-imported them via launchbox once I made the changes to the rom file structures.  I might try mednafen and see how I get on with that......

Edited by 2die4

Just now, 2die4 said:

I re-imported them via launchbox once I made the changes to the rom file structures.  I might try the built-in Saturn emulation in retroarch and see how I get on with that......

Yeah but what im getting at is if you had launchbox copy/move the files at import, it will only have the .ccd files in the folder its looking in, so the games wont work. When importing system roms that have more than one file associated you should leave them where they are, or move them all into the Launchbox structure first then import them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Yeah but what im getting at is if you had launchbox copy/move the files at import, it will only have the .ccd files in the folder its looking in, so the games wont work. When importing system roms that have more than one file associated you should leave them where they are, or move them all into the Launchbox structure first then import them.

Cheers dude.

So basically my games folder is as follows

screenshot_3.jpg

When I import the games in launchbox I clicked on Add Folder but rather than import the entire contents of D:\LaunchBox\Games\Sega Saturn I just clicked on D:\LaunchBox\Games\Sega Saturn\Actua Golf to import the one game to see if that works.  The game scrapes fine using the "use folder names instead of ROM files names for game titles" tick box but when I click Yabause opens up with just a black screen.

I have the same game in .bin .cue format and tried doing the same with that so both the .bin and .cue files into a folder and then importing them in LB via the Add Folder.  Highlighting that single game folder and still the same.

I've also tried emptying the entire contents of the D:\LaunchBox\Games\Sega Saturn folder out apart from a couple of titles (as I don't want to scape and add of them if they don't load) and then importing the D:\LaunchBox\Games\Sega Saturn folder.  Games scrape fine but don't load.

Hope that makes sense!

I think I see where Neil is going with this.  What you need to do is put the roms in a folder where you want them to be in with the folder structure names you want, etc.. Then only import the ccd files into launchbox, and select the Use the files in their current location, when you're prompted if you want to copy/move or use them in the current location in the import wizard/screens.  If you import the folder, I'm not sure which of those files launchbox might be trying to associate as the main file to try and launch.

You can tell which file LB has associated with the rom by right-clicking the game and selecting edit.  On the launcher tab the first line list the ROM File.  If that line is not showing the path to your ccd file for your game, then the wrong file was imported into LB.  You could try editing that line and correct the file to be the ccd file, and that might work for the games you have imported already.

Also, FYI, the Yabause core in the latest Retroarch nightly is buggy and not working for me (loads to a black screen only) - not sure which version is still works with, but doesn't on the latest nightly I have in my system. The Mednafen Saturn core works fine though, but is more system intensive I believe than the Yabause one is/was.

Edited by CDBlue

16 minutes ago, CDBlue said:

I think I see where Neil is going with this.  What you need to do is put the roms in a folder where you want them to be in with the folder structure names you want, etc.. Then only import the ccd files into launchbox, and select the Use the files in their current location, when you're prompted if you want to copy/move or use them in the current location in the import wizard/screens.  If you import the folder, I'm not sure which of those files launchbox might be trying to associate as the main file to try and launch.

Correct, so if he was importing the .ccd files only and also having Launchbox move/copy them in the import wizard, then it will only move/copy those .ccd files so they wont work as they need the other files also.