LaunchBox Community Forums

Hyperspin Moving To Launchbox Help With Light Gun Games

Grimoz

Hi all, im in the process of updating my Arcade Cabinet from Hyperspin (With RocketLauncher) to Launchbox and I was wondering if and how I can successfully move my Light Gun Games to Launchbox? The problem i have is that the games that are in the Hyperspin setup are using multiple emulators (Mame, wii etc.). Is there an option to create a new platform (Gun Games) then copy games from already existing platforms, so if I import all my MAME roms over can I then go through and copy the games to the Gun Games platform or is this impossible, I know i can just browse MAME etc for the games and play from there but I like having the dedicated gun menu item to go straight to a list of available games? 

Hopefully this isn't too hard to understand, its hard to put it in wording.

Also what Theme do you guys recommend for an Arcade Cabinet, I do like CriticalZoneV2 as its clean and works well, just wondering if there are any others i should try, have tried Cityhunter but it was sluggish due to the large database of games.

Thanks in advance :) 

Edited by Grimoz

10 minutes ago, Grimoz said:

Is there an option to create a new platform (Gun Games) then copy games from already existing platforms, so if I import all my MAME roms over can I then go through and copy the games to the Gun Games platform or is this impossible,

You can simply add those games to a playlist rather than make a new platform.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordmonkus said:

You can simply add those games to a playlist rather than make a new platform.

Can that playlist be named whatever I choose and will I be able to add artwork etc to it? Sorry im a long time user of LB but have never had to do this so not really up with all the shortcuts etc.

Just now, Lordmonkus said:

Yeah, you can name it whatever you want and have it in whatever platform category you like as well. It will use the artwork you have for it in the platforms.

Great, is it possible to create custom platform catagories or at least rename a platform?