LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox.next process heavy

Dave S Cramer

I've been using Launchbox for about a year. The last few Launchbox.next versions have been very taxing on my laptop. It will drive the CPU usage up to 100% when I start it up and fluctuate all over the place and the memory will hang at a steady 1000 MB. The CPU will eventually go down to 0% but if I launch a game it will go back up to 100%. This is the ONLY program that has ever done this to me. Does this happen to anyone else? If so or if not does anyone have any idea why? Is it normal? 

My specs are:

Windows 10

I7-4700 HQ @2.4 Ghz (with turbo boost to 3.4)

8 GB Ram

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 765M

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

The CPU usage will go up while images are caching which is indicated by a small progress bar at the top of the Launchbox window but will subside once it is done and CPU usage should go back down to 0%. Memory usage will vary but 1000 MB is not extremely high, sitting here right now mine is sitting just under 600 MBs of ram usage.