LaunchBox Community Forums

Playstation 2 adapter woes

OKTrashPanda

So...

Please don't judge me.

I got one of those cheap as heck blue triangle Playstation/PS2 to USB adapters.  Surprise surprise, it's not working for me.  But it's not just straight up not working, it's showing some signs of life.  Windows 10 64 bit detects the device properly.  Plugging in a Dualshock 2 that I confirmed is working doesn't make any chime, but pressing the analog button makes the LED light up.  The problem is that it's not recognizing any inputs.  None.  I tried a different USB port.  I tried restarting.  I tried using a 3rd party driver for Windows 10 (which apparently only adds rumble and nothing else).  Still nothing.  Supposedly this thing is a simple HID controller that doesn't need drivers so no, I can't check for a new one.  Without saying "get a better adapter" does anyone have any advice?  I'm fairly determined to make this work somehow.

8 hours ago, strizzuth said:

So...

Please don't judge me.

I got one of those cheap as heck blue triangle Playstation/PS2 to USB adapters.  Surprise surprise, it's not working for me.  But it's not just straight up not working, it's showing some signs of life.  Windows 10 64 bit detects the device properly.  Plugging in a Dualshock 2 that I confirmed is working doesn't make any chime, but pressing the analog button makes the LED light up.  The problem is that it's not recognizing any inputs.  None.  I tried a different USB port.  I tried restarting.  I tried using a 3rd party driver for Windows 10 (which apparently only adds rumble and nothing else).  Still nothing.  Supposedly this thing is a simple HID controller that doesn't need drivers so no, I can't check for a new one.  Without saying "get a better adapter" does anyone have any advice?  I'm fairly determined to make this work somehow.

I don't personally have an adaptor like this as I just bought a ds usb controller but I looked around google and found this, it might help:

https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?83873-driver-for-blue-triangular-playstation-1-controller-to-usb-adapter

1 hour ago, voicesinthedark said:

I don't personally have an adaptor like this as I just bought a ds usb controller but I looked around google and found this, it might help:

https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?83873-driver-for-blue-triangular-playstation-1-controller-to-usb-adapter

I appreciate you taking the time to help but unfortunately this driver doesn't fix the problem.  On a lark I tried plugging it into my laptop just to see if anything changed but it gave the exact same results.  Perhaps the thing is DOA?  That would be weird since the device properties claim it's working properly and connected AND the analog button lights up.

• 3 months later...