LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox suddently doesn't open.

Imgema

So i double click the exe and it appears in the processes for a split second and then disappears. No error or anything.

I have changed nothing. In fact, the setup is installed in a RAMdisk which means no changes can be done unless i manually save them. If i close and open the RAMdisk, it basically brings everything inside to the last state i saved. But for some reason, without changing anything, Launchbox doesn't load.

I also tried it on both Windows 7 and 10 since i have a dual boot system. Nothing happens. It was working yesterday. I don't know how it's possible to not work without changing anything :(

Edited by Imgema

27 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Check your task manager and see if the Launchbox process is still running, close it out if it is.

It's not. When i try to open it, i can see it appearing in the process list for a split second and then it disappears.

But i managed to fix the issue, although i have no idea how this would happen.

I installed the same version somewhere else and then i tried to find which file caused the trouble by overwritting the ones in the RAMdisk. So when i replaced "Unbroken.LaunchBox.dll" (in the metadata folder) with the fresh one, it got fixed.

This shouldn't happen though since, like i said, all files in the RAMdisk can't change so i don't know how this file got broken. It couldn't be corrupted either, this would mean the image file that loads the RAMdisk is corrupted and it wouldn't load in the first place...

Anyway, it's fixed now so i guess i can't complain.