LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox 8.3 to 8.6 Problems

lepactedesloups

I've upgraded Launchbox from 8.3 directly to 8.6 today (I hadn't opened it in a while), and after launching the application, it's running extremely poorly. Random box art images of the games I had imported don't completely load (they are just randomly missing - not using the broken link, the spaces are just blank) and it's majorly hogging my entire PC. I literally almost can't open other applications without them taking several minutes while 8.6 is running. Even closing Launchbox back down keeps the system in this state. I don't believe it's the PC itself, as I am gaming on this same PC and it's normally pretty fast. Something Launchbox is doing is bogging everything down in a major way. I'm sorry this is so vague, but I never had this problem until I upgraded. I am not trying to import anything, I am simply opening the program and browsing the directories. It's as if it's trying to do some massive reindexing or something and it's just eating system time alive. I've tried restarting my PC several times, Malware checked, Virus checked, etc. Nothing else was changed or installed on this PC since 8.3 (no new video hardware, no nothing).

After opening it, if I watch Task Manager, it's using 12-28% CPU time (fluctuates) and a good bit of memory (1,100 MB - 1,700 MB). I am not extremely computer savvy, so I apologize if this is normal. Just trying to feed information.

Edited by lepactedesloups