LaunchBox Community Forums

Missing consoles after 8.6?

jamie1981uk

The 8.6 is a big change and looks very nice but I don't know if I'm missing something. On the left panel it used to show the consoles you had. For some reason I just ended up with a big list of games and loading one would load the relevant emulator. Is this now normal or am I missing something? Personally I would prefer a a list of the emulators only and the games that go with that emulator. I've never really been fussed about the developer list. 

1 minute ago, jamie1981uk said:

The 8.6 is a big change and looks very nice but I don't know if I'm missing something. On the left panel it used to show the consoles you had. For some reason I just ended up with a big list of games and loading one would load the relevant emulator. Is this now normal or am I missing something? Personally I would prefer a a list of the emulators only and the games that go with that emulator. I've never really been fussed about the developer list. 

Can you show a image of what you mean, all the systems you import should be listed there unless you used the dropdown and changed what shows there.

44 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

See here  i changed it to genres and now my systems are not there.

Screenshot_(51).png

Yours is doing what I don't want it to do lol. If you look at your games they are all piled together which I can see how it would benefit to just pick a game. But on the left you could choose the Emulator and it would only show the games linked to that Emulator. For instance you could choose the Nes emulator on the left and in the right it would just be Nes games. I won't complain if this is how it is now but I'm just after some clarification that it is what is so I don't have to scratch my head. 

2 minutes ago, jamie1981uk said:

Yours is doing what I don't want it to do lol. If you look at your games they are all piled together which I can see how it would benefit to just pick a game. But on the left you could choose the Emulator and it would only show the games linked to that Emulator. For instance you could choose the Nes emulator on the left and in the right it would just be Nes games. I won't complain if this is how it is now but I'm just after some clarification that it is what is so I don't have to scratch my head. 

You have never been able to choose a emulator from the sidebar, im not quite sure what you are talking about here. Here is how mine looks normally, i only changed it in that image above to demonstrate to you what may be happening on your system.

image.thumb.png.16859e45526f9f2f424ac6e7d3e79650.pngBut as i said above a image would help me understand this a lot better than you trying to explain it to me, so if you dont mind.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Can you show a image of what you mean, all the systems you import should be listed there unless you used the dropdown and changed what shows there.

I've managed to sort it out. I must have been really tired last night and never noticed it now does a drop down box with a bar that moves up and down so it only shows half of the menus. Hmm ? lesson learned ?