LaunchBox Community Forums

LB/BB includes a collection of language resources (packaged in assemblies) in the Metadata subfolder. I'd like to apply these to plugin development. Has anyone used these files? I tried to figure out how to access strings in the files but could not; I'm sure there's a way to do it. @Jason Carr - I hope you don't mind me pinging you; I suspect there is something simple I'm missing here.

11 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

As of current, I don't believe we've provided a way to access the translations that are built into LaunchBox. I suspect that most plugins would need new translations anyways, but I can see that being beneficial in some cases. It might be a challenge to make accessible though.

Thanks, Jason. I agree plugins should really use their own translation files. My question really came about because in Platform views I'd like to know if it's a PLAYLIST, CATEGORY, or PLATFORM view. I'm using the ViewTitle binding for this, but the bound strings are language-dependent which is causing a bit of trouble. If there were a language-independent binding for this info that would be great. Maybe I'm overlooking something?

37 minutes ago, eatkinola said:

Thanks, Jason. I agree plugins should really use their own translation files. My question really came about because in Platform views I'd like to know if it's a PLAYLIST, CATEGORY, or PLATFORM view. I'm using the ViewTitle binding for this, but the bound strings are language-dependent which is causing a bit of trouble. If there were a language-independent binding for this info that would be great. Maybe I'm overlooking something?

Ah, I see. That makes sense. Do you need this in the games lists or in the platforms lists? In the platforms lists you can use the SelectedPlatform or ActivePlatform property to determine what it is:

if (ActivePlatform is IPlatformCategory)
{
}
else if (ActivePlatform is IPlaylist)
{
}
else
{
}

• Thanks 1