LaunchBox Community Forums

Imported MAME romset not showing

Anther

I had a game from Daphne disappear on me (Cobra Command) and what I did to sort it was highlight Daphne in the platform list, click the burger menu at the top and select "Audit Platform" (I'm not in front of my computer with LB on now - I'm at work - so it might be Audit System or something to do with "Audit").

That brought up a list of games for that system but for some reason my Cobra Command had assigned itself to a different system (I think it's because it thought it was the game "Cobra" with Sly Stallone).

With the grace and deftness of a mentally-challenged gorilla I managed to 'somehow' change it back to Daphne and sort out the incorrect artwork that had been brought through and it re-appeared in it's rightful place.

So... it might be worth trying to "Audit" whatever system you have problems with in future and see what games show up in there (I know you've sorted it out now but it's worth knowing how to do it for future reference).

For your current problem try a selection of games. I was struggling with (what I thought) was a MAME problem but it turned out that the ROM was the problem. It was a version of Atic Atac that wasn't getting passed the loading screen. I changed to another version of the ROM I have and it worked fine.

Good luck. Hope you get it sorted :)

Thank you for your help folks. I did manage to get some games running. neil9000 helpfully pointed out to me that I am running an ancient set. So with his help I have grabbed something more modern, and am going to have a go at upgrading it to the latest and greatest this evening. Wish me luck!

Thanks again for your suggestions!