LaunchBox Community Forums

Artwork Question

kiddanplay

So I deleted my full MAME set to update to the most recent and test the new features for 8.6 MAME import. I did not delete the artwork however in an effort to save time during the import process. so my question is 2 parts. 

1) should I delete the artwork and just let it do a full install and scrape 

or 

2) is LB smart enough to not double download the files that I already have? For example when I import even if I leave all metadata checked when it goes through the import process will it only download what I don't have or will it redownload all the theme videos and artwork all over again taking up double space...

I've deleted and reloaded before and unchecked what I already have however I have never let it go through the full import process with everything checked so im just curious what would happen

Just now, kiddanplay said:

So I deleted my full MAME set to update to the most recent and test the new features for 8.6 MAME import. I did not delete the artwork however in an effort to save time during the import process. so my question is 2 parts. 

1) should I delete the artwork and just let it do a full install and scrape 

or 

2) is LB smart enough to not double download the files that I already have? For example when I import even if I leave all metadata checked when it goes through the import process will it only download what I don't have or will it redownload all the theme videos and artwork all over again taking up double space...

I've deleted and reloaded before and unchecked what I already have however I have never let it go through the full import process with everything checked so im just curious what would happen

Just uncheck all of the media download options in the import wizard. It will all re-attach after.