LaunchBox Community Forums

Dual Monitors and MAME opening up on the wrong monitor.

kerszr

I upload small AHK script that handles the same issue I have with Star Wars Battle Pod for TecknoParrot.

Give it a try. Hope it works for you.  You need to add it as an "additional application" and RUN BEFORE must be ticked on.

It does the windows swap to the other monitor after 20 secs.  If you need to change the timing, just edit it and reduce the "SLEEP"

Star Wars Window Fix.ahk

Edited by latin625

• 1 month later...

It worked for me on MAME 0.253. The same solution didnt work on MAME0.250. Maybe there is some bug as well.

I tricked MAME too. Let it thinks screen 0 is Display 2 and screen1 as Display 1

# OSD PER-WINDOW VIDEO OPTIONS
#
screen                    auto
screen0                    \\.\DISPLAY2
screen1                  \\.\DISPLAY1

The rest of instructions in between thpse above I keept as auto

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Figured it out. I had to do the following:

Launch command prompt (search cmd in windows and hit enter)

In cmd I navigated to where my mame emulator director was in launch box using cd dir name

once I was in the director I launched mame by typing "mame.exe -verbouse" and mame launched

I closed right out of mame and it told me what my display numbers were. In my case it was \\.\DISPLAY6 and \\.\DISPLAY7

I had been trying \\.\DISPLAY0 \\.\DISPLAY1 and \\.\DISPLAY2 with no luck. The issue is mame seems to name your display numbers randomly. I have no idea why mine are 6 and 7. I only have 2 monitors.

Hope this helps someone!