LaunchBox Community Forums

New Launchbox and Commodore 64 import

Aevans0001

So I have been trying to import my c64 files all day and ran into numerous snags.  The first thing was I had them in 1 folder with nested subfolders (1 level).  Even if I put some files in the root directory, the import would not find any files.   tried other kinds of files and it always worked.  Possible too many folders (15,000+)?  Anyway finally got it to import in by moving the files outside the directories and doing them 6,000 at a time.  This worked, however, It only found 7035 out of 8500.  Unsure why.  Can you help me understand how it decides what to accept and what to deny.

13 minutes ago, Aevans0001 said:

Can you help me understand how it decides what to accept and what to deny.

Launchbox doesnt "accept or deny" any games, it simply imports everything in the folder if you choose to import a folder, of if you choose to import files instead and highlight all the files it will again import everything you highlighted. The only thing i can think of is it has consolidated games with the same names into one entry which is a option in the import wizard, and is checked by default. So if you have several versions of the same game, say a revision 1 and revision 2, or the same game as a tape and a disk they will be imported as one game. Try right clicking on a few games and see if there is a option to launch a different version of it in that right click menu.

1 minute ago, Aevans0001 said:

ah that makes sense, thanks

If you uncheck this box in the image below during import it should then import the exact number of games that you have, all into separate entry's. Personally i dont like to do this as it clutters up the look for me so i prefer to combine matching games, but the option is there for people who want it that way.

image.thumb.png.e318ca99252b627061ca6135744b21a1.png