LaunchBox Community Forums

Cannot get controller to work with emulators

steve1977

Very weird issue.

I can use my xbox one s (bluetooth) to control bigbox/launchbox.

i can launch windows games and play them with the controller.

i can launch emulator games (dolphin, cemu), but the controller doesn’t work. not even simple “a button”, so i’m stick at the start screen. i can force-exit via controller automation.

when launching the game directly via dolphin, the controller works and i can play. but it doesn’t work if launched via launchbox/bigbox.

i have enabled controller support and all controllers.

any thoughts?

Are you saving a controller profile in dolphin? If so thats possibly the issue you dont actually need to save a profile, just set your controls and those will always be loaded, if you save a specific controller profile you will have to specify that profile to be loaded when launching games from Launchbox, but im not sure how to do that personally, my advice would be to delete any profiles set the controller up then just exit the controller setup screen, then those controls should be used always. 

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

Are you saving a controller profile in dolphin? If so thats possibly the issue you dont actually need to save a profile, just set your controls and those will always be loaded, if you save a specific controller profile you will have to specify that profile to be loaded when launching games from Launchbox, but im not sure how to do that personally, my advice would be to delete any profiles set the controller up then just exit the controller setup screen, then those controls should be used always. 

Thanks for your quick reply. I gave it a try and deleted the profiles, but without success. The CEMU input setting is now set to "emulate controller disabled". Shall I try setting it to something else?

Thanks. Did you manually map them or does it show automatically like this? I just tried deleted and cleared everything and tried to redo from scratch. Weird enough, Left-click shows as R-Click and rick-click doesn't exist. Now, this makes the issue even weirder.

I had mapped it before, but didn't face this issue. No idea what is causing this now. And not even sure it is now even working.