LaunchBox Community Forums

Does your Daphne cycle through all the screens on start up?

Johnny T

Hi all,

I've got strange behaviour with Daphne within BigBox. When I start a game it goes black for several seconds and then cycles quickly through all the screens before launching into the game?

It didn't used to do this with Hyperspin - it just used to boot up (and a lot faster too). 

I wondered if something is wrong with the command line parameters I'm passing to the games?

Daphne.exe %1 vldp -fullscreen -x 640 -y 480 -framefile "..\..\Emulators\Daphne\vldp\%1\%1.txt"

Daphne.exe %1 vldp -fullscreen -x 640 -y 480 -framefile "..\..\Emulators\Daphne\vldp\%1\%1.txt"

Is this the same as other peoples .bat file to start the games? And do you get the screens cycling through before the game starts?

6 hours ago, twobucks said:

which game or games do you have the problem cycling through all the screens? on my setup dragon's lair does cycle through a bunch of screens before fully starting up but the screens are not actual gameplay screens.

I was specifically talking about Dragon's Lair - yes. I've not really played the other games but, what is strange is that Dragon's Lair didn't do this on my RocketLauncher/Hyperspin set up?

I'll double check it all tonight when I get home from work and find out which games cycle through the screens and which ones don't. Just thought it was strange and wasn't sure if it was just me. I also wondered if there was a command missing from the startup that would get rid of this behaviour?

:)

here is my batch file script for reference.  My guess would be to add -fastboot to your script and that might fix the problem.

**don't use my full script below since this most likely will not work.

daphne.exe lair vldp -framefile E:\Daphne\framefile\lair.txt -ignore_aspect_ratio -blank_searches -fastboot -noserversend -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir E:\Daphne -useoverlaysb 2 -bank 0 11011001 -bank 1 00100111 -latency 100 -sound_buffer 2048 -fullscreen -x 640 -y 480 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, twobucks said:

here is my batch file script for reference.  My guess would be to add -fastboot to your script and that might fix the problem.

**don't use my full script below since this most likely will not work.

Wow!! After adapting your script to my needs (i.e. changing the two paths that are in there) it is working an absolute treat!!!

I've even got an overview of lives and score at the top which is awesome!

I really appreciate you sharing that with me @twobucks thank you very much!

And for reference here is my *new* .bat file thanks to twobucks.

Daphne.exe %1 vldp -framefile "..\..\Emulators\Daphne\vldp\%1\%1.txt" -ignore_aspect_ratio -blank_searches -fastboot -noserversend -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir "T:\LaunchBox\Emulators\Daphne" -useoverlaysb 2 -bank 0 11011001 -bank 1 00100111 -latency 100 -sound_buffer 2048 -fullscreen -x 640 -y 480