LaunchBox Community Forums

Making LaunchBox Big Box monkey proof (protected)

PC-King

Hey there,

I'm trying to install LaunchBox (with Big Box) on an arcade cabinet. Everything works fine so far. The idea is that this arcade cabinet will be open for public (let's say around 50 people a day) and I don't want people to be able to fool around with the settings or being able to open game folders and mess with the files, etc... I just want it to be a closed off/monkey proof environment.

So my question is:
- Is there anyway to close off/hide these settings for the public (maybe by adding a password or something)?

At the moment people can easily enter the "Options" and access/change almost EVERYTHING just by pressing ESC or Back one time. They can also select "Open Folder" and access the game files when a game is selected. There must be an easy way to block this off for the general public and I'm certain that many people would agree.

Any tips?

Folders1.jpg

Options1.jpg

18 minutes ago, PC-King said:

Hey there,

I'm trying to install LaunchBox (with Big Box) on an arcade cabinet. Everything works fine so far. The idea is that this arcade cabinet will be open for public (let's say around 50 people a day) and I don't want people to be able to fool around with the settings or being able to open game folders and mess with the files, etc... I just want it to be a closed off/monkey proof environment.

So my question is:
- Is there anyway to close off/hide these settings for the public (maybe by adding a password or something)?

At the moment people can easily enter the "Options" and access/change almost EVERYTHING just by pressing ESC or Back one time. They can also select "Open Folder" and access the game files when a game is selected. There must be an easy way to block this off for the general public and I'm certain that many people would agree.

Any tips?

Folders1.jpg

Options1.jpg

Open Bigbox and go to Options/Security where you can set a pin code to prevent access to certain screens. Also the screen in your first image can be turned off completely. Options/Views/skip game details screen.

• Like 1