LaunchBox Community Forums

PluginHelper.DataManager.GetAllParents()

Hi @Jason Carr. I get the following error when trying to use the new API call to GetAllParents(). Would you please check it out when you have time?

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2[System.String,Unbroken.LaunchBox.Data.Parent]' to type 'Unbroken.LaunchBox.Plugins.Data.IParent'.

I'm trying to adapt my plugins to the new nesting scheme.

7 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I have this fixed for the next beta @eatkinola.

Thanks, Jason -- no more error! I have a follow up question ... do all platforms (and potentially playlists if treated like platforms) still have a platform category? I know platform.Category will now just return an empty string, but would navigating up the nested structure always lead to a category?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, eatkinola said:

Thanks, Jason -- no more error! I have a follow up question ... do all platforms (and potentially playlists if treated like platforms) still have a platform category? I know platform.Category will now just return an empty string, but would navigating up the nested structure always lead to a category?

No, not necessarily. Platforms are not guaranteed to have a parent if the user chooses to place them in the root. It's also important to note that categories, platforms, and playlists can all also be placed in multiple locations (multiple parents).

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

No, not necessarily. Platforms are not guaranteed to have a parent if the user chooses to place them in the root. It's also important to note that categories, platforms, and playlists can all also be placed in multiple locations (multiple parents).

Thanks -- I really appreciate you steering me in the right direction.

• Like 1