LaunchBox Community Forums

X-Arcade Tank Stick / Retroarch .175

breite07

I was attempting to get my Tankstick working with Retroarch.

I can successfully BIND user 1 keys with my tank stick and handheld controller.

For example, let's just talk about moving right.

Capture.thumb.JPG.d3e1f83083326bba224878c112b9e4e0.JPGThe D-Pad Right (hat) setting was made using the D-Pad right button on my PS2 compatible controller.

The keypad6 setting was made using my Tankstick controller oriented in the RIGHT direction.

The tankstick functions like a keyboard - which is why moving right would be represented by a keypad6 (key).

When I start up a game using NES/MESEN core, the handheld controller works 100%.

All of the buttons work on the Tankstick (select, start, fire, jump, etc.) but I can\t get any response from the joystick (no up, down, left or right movements).

Hope the issue is something simple as I am very close but it is hard playing a game when you can't move your character ?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Does your P2 directions work in game? If not try turning you NumLock on your keyboard either on. That is a thing with tanksticks if P1 directions were recognized as the Numeric 2, 4, 6, and 8 keys. Mine used to do that. It now recognizes P1 directions as the arrows keys and I no longer need the NumLock on. 

A little progress but stilI not there.  I got my second controller on the tankstick working. The one to the right side.

For the Retroarch config, it sees this controller as User 2.

In the game, this controller (assigned to User 2) actually controls player 1 in the game. So, I'm good for all single player games.

If I try a two player game, all the buttons work for player 2 (User 1 in Retroarch) except the movement (up, down, left, right). I still can get that to work at all.

It doesn't seem to matter if I have NumLock on or not - same results.

Not sure. Unless you have a core override that is using a different map when you start a game for that core. The tankstick works pretty easily with RA. I have had mine set up for a couple years now. Here is my user 1 bind and it works even though I no longer use RA for arcade games. Just tested a few games and it all still works as setup. 

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Strange - I can't get my screen to look anything like yours from a configuration perspective.

I think the solution is to use my Tankstick only for MAME (which works amazing well) and other emulators where you can easily configure the controller input.

Retroarch is giving me nothing but problems with TankStick . It is the only emulator I can't get working with Tankstick - I've really exhausted all options.

Thanks again for your help!