LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Attract Mode

Bamafan35611

I just got my Big Box up and going. But I am having some issues. I love how it plays videos of the games it selects but it is in full screen and it has the box art and description on top of the video. I installed the Matallic theme to hope that would fix it but it didnt. I want it where it shows the videos in a box or the box art and desciption somewhere else where it is not covering up the video. I am attaching a image of what mine looks like please can anyone help me with this.

I would like it to look like this but i cant get it so far.

20181026_102532.thumb.jpg.3032d960aa2046946fb42ca3d07c4176.jpgthis is what mine looks like can anyone give me some advice

i

Go to options/videos and turn off background videos. It will also depend on the theme where the video is placed and whether its a background video or not, all themes have multiple views and some will be designed for background videos, some in a video window somewhere and some with no videos at all.

Screenshot (161).png

1 minute ago, Bamafan35611 said:

thank you so much that is what I wanted. Is there a better theme than Matallic for this setup and on default startup i have it on ALL GAMES is that recommended or should i do by platform?

Themes are a personal preference thing, personally i like the unified and its variants or the Fundamental themes. The metallic theme is one of the very first themes created and hasn't been updated in a long long time, so it's a very bare bones theme lacking some of the features implemented into newer themes, but as i say personal preference and all that. As for starting view again personal preference there, personally i have it open to platforms myself, but i know a lot of people also have it open to platform categories.