LaunchBox Community Forums

Daphne Install

Arcade Caveman

You cannot call the Daphne launcher directly since it needs to know the location of the framefile and you have to pass that within LB.  Within LB you have to either set each game with the full command line or reference a batch file(s).  For mine I reference one batch file located in the Daphne root directory that calls each game based on the name of the "rom file" sent by LB which is just a text file within the framefile directory.  The batch file gets the name of the game selected and then launches the command line needed.  I have attached screen snaps since easier to show than explain.  I have also attached the batch file and the lair.txt file referenced in LB.  You will have to adjust the paths at the end of batch file to fit your setup.  You will also have to make sure your framefile names are the same as those in batch file or change them to what you have and then make sure those are also what you reference in LB to launch the game. 

If you have a working Daphne outside of LB I would make sure to make backup of the framefiles since I found it was easy to get them messed up while working the LB part.  If you are having issues the best way to trouble shoot is to launch a DOS window and try running the command at the end of the batch file (with appropriate game name inserted) outside LB to see what is going on as well as looking at the daphne_log.txt file.

Note: the framefile I attached is just so you can see the path reference in the first line of the framefile which in my case I put in the the laser disc folder (VLDP). Your setup may have a different set of M2V references so wouldn't copy mine if you have working one.  In my case the "." in the first line indicates that the M2V disc files are in the same directory as the framefile. Yours may be different depending on where your laser disc files are relative to the framefiles.

Capture1.thumb.PNG.38d7d3819b124d6bd6da109bf86f24cb.PNGCapture2.thumb.PNG.259d30814ef149cb155eee6ea36997f0.PNGCapturedd.thumb.PNG.7ac3c6bc8185f4104baffb0486a2f730.PNG

daphnebatch.bat

lair.txt

Edited by sundogak
added note on framefile

this is what im getting. I cant get past this  hope you can help  im so close  

--DAPHNE version 1.0.0
--Command line is: daphne.exe ace vldp -framefile R:\Arcade\Emulators\Daphne\framefile\ace\ace.txt -blend -ignore_aspect_ratio -blank_searches -min_seek_delay 1000 -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -homedir R:\Arcade\Emulators\Daphne -fastboot -bank 0 00000000 -bank 1 00000001 -nocrc -noissues -noserversend -sound_buffer 2048 -fullscreen -x 640 -y 480 
--CPU : GenuineIntel 3500 MHz || Mem : 2048 megs
--OS : Windows NT Derivative || Video : NVIDIA GeForce GPU
--OpenGL: Compiled In
--RGB2YUV Function: MMX
--Line Blending Function: MMX
--Audio Mixing Function: MMX
Setting alternate home dir:
R:\Arcade\Emulators\Daphne
Disabling ROM CRC check...
Setting sound buffer size to 2048
Setting screen width to 640
Setting screen height to 480
Set 640x480 at 32 bpp with flags: 80000001
Initializing sound system ... 
GI Sound chip initialized at 2000000 Hz
No joysticks detected
Remapping input ...
Loading compressed ROM image sa_a3_u1.bin...8192 bytes read.
Loading compressed ROM image sa_a3_u2.bin...8192 bytes read.
Loading compressed ROM image sa_a3_u3.bin...8192 bytes read.
Loading compressed ROM image sa_a3_u4.bin...8192 bytes read.
Loading compressed ROM image sa_a3_u5.bin...8192 bytes read.
Framefile parse succeeded. Video/Audio directory is: R:/Arcade/Emulators/Daphne/framefile/ace/../vldp/ace/
Could not open file : R:/Arcade/Emulators/Daphne/framefile/ace/../vldp/ace/ace.m2v
Could not initialize laserdisc player!
Shutting down sound system...
Shutting down video display...

Your paths are not correct somewhere because it cannot find the laser disc files per this line in your log:

Framefile parse succeeded. Video/Audio directory is: R:/Arcade/Emulators/Daphne/framefile/ace/../vldp/ace/
Could not open file : R:/Arcade/Emulators/Daphne/framefile/ace/../vldp/ace/ace.m2v

Need to check your first line in the frame file you are referencing and it should point to your laser disc files directory.  Basically, the way you have now it is looking for the m2v files in your Daphne/framefile/ace directory. So you can either move the files to where referenced or fix your framefile (first line only).

In my case below, this is a working setup where it finds the VLDP files in a folder called "lair" and I have them in my ROMS folder.  Yours can be different but you have to make sure your framefile text files have proper reference (i.e., first line points to M2V folder).

Framefile parse succeeded. Video/Audio directory is: G:/Emulators/Daphne/roms/vldp/lair/./
YUV overlay is done in software (ie unaccelerated).
Booting ROM ...