LaunchBox Community Forums

Looking for a certain look in my Big Box MAME library

Tatts4Life

So I love the platform look in big box and then how I can go into say PS2 or Dreamcast and find a game. With MAME there are so many games I like to use playlists to separate the games into 2 player, 4 player, CPS and so on. I tried that with Big Box but after I select view playlists and hit back it just takes me back to the menu screen. Is there a way to have a playlist inside of platform view? I'm sure I'm missing some easy step.

Just now, Tatts4Life said:

So I love the platform look in big box and then how I can go into say PS2 or Dreamcast and find a game. With MAME there are so many games I like to use playlists to separate the games into 2 player, 4 player, CPS and so on. I tried that with Big Box but after I select view playlists and hit back it just takes me back to the menu screen. Is there a way to have a playlist inside of platform view? I'm sure I'm missing some easy step.

You need to change bigbox to Platform category view, not Platform view. It's in Options/View, you will need to restart Bigbox after switching it.

• Like 1

Thanks, that was what I was looking for. Consoles and arcade are set up almost exactly how I want. Computers looks stupid because all it basically is for me is where my steam games are. I click on computers and the wheel fills up with the windows clear logo and then clicking that shows my games. Since there really isn't different categories it would be nice to show just the games.

where is the folder located for the artwork in this view? I love the Pac-man look of the platform arcade logo.